Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Pressing Away

I love this time of year! Not so much because of the Holidays (even though they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside) but because fall and winter allow me the time to do what I want to do.

My husband is a hunter, his dad was a hunter, his grandpa was a hunter. It is an activity that has been passed down in his family for generations. They start getting "ready" to hunt late summer, by fixing what needs to fixed, scouting out new areas, building new shacks to keep them warm and dry. They are now into muzzle loading season which will be followed by the last 2 weeks of bow season. It all ends on Dec. 31st.

I'll miss it.

Falling asleep on the couch with the TV on watching "my shows", making beads till 5am, waking up at 10am. Spending hours on the computer both at work and play. Picking up the house in 10 minutes, finding things where I left them. The feeling that I'm actually getting things accomplished business wise with good sales, new supplies on order, organizing for efficiency, connecting with old friends and new customers.

I'll miss it.



I have rediscovered my crystal presses, seems like ages since they have been in my hand. An interesting shape with all the facets, makes one dream of the design possibilities. There are so ideas floating around in my head, things I want to try. I'm just going to keep pressing away! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I love the crystal press beads! Great colors.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails