Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cabin in the Woods

My husband and I spent the week working on the new cabin. Much to my delight the place is looking more like a small log house than a "hunting camp". DH is doing a fantastic job on it and already has bigger plans in the works. What was originally a super small bedroom with room for just a bunk bed and small dresser (for hunters or grandkids) is now roughed in for a bathroom. Along with that he plans on adding a bigger bedroom off the side of the cabin.

What we did this week was put hardwood flooring in the kitchen, tile the back splash and counter top, move the pile of junk wood from a torn down old woodshed, paint the kitchen and livingroom, make coat racks, hang shelves in the 2 main bedrooms, and hook up the kitchen sink drain. We also brought the small couch up with us. I hope to get some more pictures of the inside up soon.



Our son moved the shower to the porch of the old small cabin that will be a sauna someday. We were taking showers out the back door last time but he and his wife were there with another couple and decided to move it for more privacy. It's kind-of cute the way he did it, Petticoat Junction style,. That's DH taking a shower, I took the picture from the driveway. We see a couple cars or atv's go by when we're in it but I doubt they can see us, lol.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!

    What fun you two are having...and they say us young-uns cain't enjoy life LOL!

    I love reading your blog...I even have an AWARD for you, but you need to visit my blog to accept it.

    Thanks for the entertainment (and the super BEADS too!)

    Sylvia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very nice.. life's a vacation...
    have a wonderful weekend...

    mona & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you are such an inspiration, I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! The details are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, thanks for the heads up, totally forgot it was there and have taken her off my friends list.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails